- Great men are not always wise, nor do the aged always understand justice.
- The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Death in Man:
- Man is chastened with pain on his bed, and with strong pain in many of his bones, so that his life abhors bread, and his soul succulent food. His flesh wastes away from sight, and his bones stick out which once were not seen. Yes, his soul draws near the Pit, and his life to the executioners.
- If there is a messenger for man, a mediator, one among a thousand, to show man His uprightness, then He is gracious to him, and says, “Deliver him from going down to the Pit; I have found a ransom”;
- His flesh shall be young like a child’s, he shall return to the days of his youth. He shall pray to God, and He will delight in him; he shall see His face with joy, for He restores to man His righteousness. And he looks at men and says, “I have sinned and perverted what was right, and it did not profit me.”
- He will redeem his soul from going down to the Pit, and his life shall see the light.
- Behold, God works all these things, twice, in fact, three times with a man, to bring back his soul from the Pit, that he may be enlightened with the light of life.
God is Good:
- Far be it from God to do wickedness, and from the Almighty to commit iniquity. For He repays man according to his work, and makes man to find a reward according to his way. Surely God will never do wickedly, nor will the Almighty pervert justice.
God is Mighty:
- Behold, God is mighty, but despises no one; He is mighty in strength of understanding. He does not preserve the life of the wicked, but gives justice to the oppressed. He does not withdraw His eyes from the righteous; but they are on the throne with kings, for He has seated them forever, and they are exalted.
- And if they are bound in fetters, held in the cords of affliction, then He tells them their work and their transgressions–that they have acted defiantly.
- He also opens their ear to instruction, and commands that they turn from iniquity.
If they obey and serve Him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.
But if they do not obey, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge.
- But the hypocrites in heart store up wrath; they do not cry for help when He binds them. They die in youth, and their life ends among the perverted persons.
God is Great
- Behold, God is great, and we do not know Him, nor can the number of His years be discovered.